Monday, June 21, 2010

SUMMER 2010


It's finally Summer. I love it and the best part of Summer is the few weeks between June 21 and the 4th of July. It's the time when the entire summer is before you . There are always three mile posts on the march to summer; Memorial Day, school letting out with graduations and finally June 21 the official beginning of the season. Other than Christmas the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. Almost every year we go to Ashland, Oregon for their old fashioned parade and band concert in the park. The concert is always preceded by the reading of the Declaration of Independence. I then go home and play my DVD of the musical movie "1776", a home BBQ and then fireworks. This year for the 4th our adult son will come home for a few weeks. He has taken up long distance running and has signed up for the 4th of July run over in Ashland just before the parade. We look forward to his coming home.
I do love Summer!