Saturday, June 12, 2010

" I can't suck it up with a straw"


"Even though I'm president of the United States, my power is not limitless,
So I can't dive down there and plug the hole. I can't suck it up with a straw. All I can do is make sure that I put honest, hard-working smart people in place ... to implement this thing."

President Barack Obama

The man may be able to read nice sounding speeches off a TelePrompter but the man is no leader.

Imagine Franklin Roosevelt after Pearl Harbor saying: " I can't go out to the Pacific and fight the Japanese or use a straw to raise those navy ships on the bottom of Pearl Harbor...."

Or Winston Churchill saying during World War II when England stood alone and England faced an invasion from Hitler: "I can't personally fight them on the beaches or the landing fields to stop a German invasion"

Or Ronald Reagan saying during the height of the cold war with the Soviet Union: "I can't personally stop the Soviets from threatening every American city with their missiles or prevent an invasion of Western Europe with my pop gun..."


This is what FDR did say after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor:

"No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory."




This is what Winston Churchill did say when England stood alone and faced the threat of a German Invasion in 1940:

"If this long island story of ours is to end at last, let it end only when each one of us lies choking in his own blood upon the ground."



This is what Ronald Reagan did say when he went to the Berlin Wall"

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."


FDR,Churchill and Reagan were leaders! President Obama is not!