Thursday, August 04, 2005

Weddings

Generally I have a rule against posting anything of my professional life on this blog. I am going to make an exception for weddings. As a Municipal Court Judge I perform weddings. It's part of my position I really enjoy. Maybe it's the "ham" in me. In any case doing a wedding is one of the few reasons I would put on a tie on a weekend. I get to go to places all over Jackson County I wouldn't normally visit and meet all kinds of people. I average one or two ceremonies every week. I have performed ceremonies at my office in our conference room, at private homes, backyards, front yards, decks, patios, garages, faternal halls, nightclubs, parks....lots of parks, fields, along the Rogue River, hotels banquet rooms, motel rooms, bed and breakfasts, churches.... yes they rented a church and hired a judge, court rooms, and inside a 1957 classic automobile. I do weddings on weekends, holidays, evenings and during office hours. The bride and groom are usually very nervous but calm down after the ceremony. Some of the weddings are very fancy and the parties or their parents have spent a lot of money and some are very simple. Weddings are a happy time and I enjoy being asked to officiate.