Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Computer as Jukebox - Part II

After I had turned my computer into a Jukebox (see post below) I was still dissatisfied as it did not look like a Jukebox. As a kid growing up in the 1950's I loved the look and colored lights of the old fashioned Jukebox. My computer even if it plays great music does not have that look. However, under the "visualization" button on Windows Media Player (Windows XP) you can do fun things with the monitor on your computer. There are a number of choices. When you are playing a song the cover of the album can appear on your monitor screen. You can pick various psychedelic/kaleidoscope color patterns that move in synch to the music. There are computer generated water jets and fireworks that move in synch to the music .I even found two colored bars of blue and red that fill up the screen and move and look like the colored tubes on the old fashioned Jukebox. However, my favorite visualization is a blue sky with moving white puffy clouds in which the album cover of the song being played seems to just appear and float in the sky each time a new song starts. More later