Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Duck Football Tickets delayed! etc.

Just received an email from the University of Oregon Duck athletic ticket office that season football tickets are delayed and will not be delivered until the week of August 15, 2005. Still waiting for my Duck football media guide too. Summer is slipping away and I am looking forward to football. Looks like this weekend Medford will hit 106 degrees. I guess this is what they call the "dog days" of summer. Half the country is on vacation and the other half wishes they were on vacation. In any case, I enjoyed The High and The Mighty on DVD last night. They did a good job of restoring the movie. It looked good and sounded good. The film and John Wayne were great. It was fun seeing a little boy wearing a cap gun in a cowboy holster at an airport. So politically incorrect. Some of the stories of the passengers on the airplane were a little melodramatic. My favorite scene is the dumping of the luggage to lighten the load on the airplane to save fuel. I still remember that from when I saw the movie 50 + years ago at the drive in. The ending with John Wayne walking off with a limp into the San Francisco airport whistling the theme to The High and The Mighty was worth the cost of the DVD.