Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Not Dark Yet"

Happy 71st Birthday Bob Dylan.

One of the best songs ever:

Shadows are falling and I’ve been here all day


It’s too hot to sleep, time is running away

Feel like my soul has turned into steel

I’ve still got the scars that the sun didn’t heal

There’s not even room enough to be anywhere

It’s not dark yet, but it’s getting there

*****************************

Well, I’ve been to London and I’ve been to gay Paree


I’ve followed the river and I got to the sea

I’ve been down on the bottom of a world full of lies

I ain’t looking for nothing in anyone’s eyes

Sometimes my burden seems more than I can bear

It’s not dark yet, but it’s getting there


was born here and I’ll die here against my will


I know it looks like I’m moving, but I’m standing still

Every nerve in my body is so vacant and numb
***************

It’s not dark yet, but it’s getting there


http://www.bobdylan.com/us/songs/not-dark-yet