Monday, January 22, 2007

Lazy Sports Weekend.


This was one of those lazy weekends I used to rest up from the excitement of the Christmas Holidays and the snow storm of last week. Friday night my wife and I went to the North Medford/South Medford High Basketball game. The South Medford Panthers won the game. There was a packed house for the game and South put on quite a show beating their cross town rivals. Saturday I did some house cleaning and watched the Oregon Ducks on TV beat Cal in a fun basketball game. We had Pizza and following the game I watched two DVD movies, "My Favorite Year" with the Director, Richard Benjamin doing the voice over commentary. I then watched Richard Benjamin in "Good By Columbus" from 1969. Both good movies. Check them out over at www.imdb.com. On Sunday after reading the morning papers I watched both the NFC Championship Game ( The Bears vs The Saints in the Chicago snow) and the AFC Championship Game ( The Colts vs the Patriots in a dome) on TV and then finished off the day with the DVD movie "The Dirty Dozen." In between we talked to both of our children on the phone. I had some frozen buffalo wings( I heated them up) for dinner while I watched The Colts beat the The Patriots in a close game. My wife got them at Win co and they are put out by the folks that run the TGIF Fridays restaurant chain and they are very good. I love buffalo wings when watching football on TV. Only one real football game left this season and it is two weeks till that game, The Super Bowl on Super Sunday. I love Football!