Sunday, January 07, 2007

Christmas Holidays are Over

As I type this my wife is in the living room putting away our inside Christmas decorations. I spent the morning outside in the rain with my yellow poncho taking down the 30 plus strings of outdoor lights.I am now trying to stay out of my wife's way as she is very particular in packing everything away very neatly. Our kids are now gone. Our son called last night from North Dakota to let us know he made it back to grad school safely. We put him on the plane yesterday morning. That was my 7th trip to the "Jackson County International Airport" this holiday season. We put his sister on the plane back to DC the day after New Years. Right after New Years we celebrated my mother-in-laws 80th birthday and her four adult children all gathered at our place for a series of birthday celebrations. They have all now headed back to their homes in Washington State and Maryland. Between Christmas, New Years, Birthdays, Basketball Games (South Medford and the Oregon Ducks),Football Bowl Games, shopping, eating out,trip to Eugene, movies, parties and the comings and goings of relatives this has been a very busy Holiday season. How about that Boise State game vs Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and the Oregon Basketball win over UCLA. How long till Super Sunday and the Super Bowl?