Friday, April 26, 2013

Ducks Spring Football Game


Tomorrow, Saturday, the Oregon Ducks will hold their annual "Spring Football Game" to end spring practice.  After the game it will be four long months  till the first game on August 31st. Almost every year I take the 3 hour trip to from Medford to Eugene and 3 hours back after the game.  My wife thinks I am crazy to drive that far to see a glorified scrimmage. Last year over 44,000 Oregon fans showed up for the Spring Game. This year the Oregon Club of Southern Oregon is sponsoring a charter bus from Medford to the game.  The Spring game starts at 11AM and will be broadcast live on the Pac 12 Networks. (Which we don't get in Medford  because of Charter Cable) After the game those on the charter bus will cross the plaza from Autzen Stadium over to P.K. Park to watch the Ducks take on Stanford in baseball. That game starts at 2 PM.  After the baseball game we will head back to Medford on the charter bus.  While in Eugene I will make another pilgrimage to the Duck Store to see if there is anything I cannot live without. Hot dogs, peanuts, football and baseball!  I spend my winters after the bowl games looking forward to this game. What a great day to be alive! Go Ducks!