Thursday, January 06, 2011

On the Road to the BCS


A friend of mine is heading out tomorrow to the BSC game in Glendale Arizona for the Championship of College Football to support his Oregon Ducks who have reached the precipice of greatness. Tomorrow he and his adult son will drive to Sacramento, California and on Saturday will take a Southwest Airlines flight to Phoenix, Arizona. They will meet up with my friends adult daughter who is flying in from Washington DC. They will stay at a Mesa motel with some other Duck friends of his and will all go to the Duck Pep Rally in Scottsdale on Sunday. Otis Day and the Knights from the movie "Animal House" filmed at the University of Oregon will perform (See post below) along with the Oregon Band etc. On Monday they will go to the game in Glendale. My friend and his son have tickets to the game and the daughter will try and get tickets at the game or will watch the game on TV at a nearby sports bar. After the game they will all celebrate all night before they have to catch their flights to go home. I sure hope they have a good time !!! BTW my friends wife will be watching the game on TV. My friend is lucky to have her as his spouse. He has promised to give me all the details of his trip when he gets back so I can post them here. He is sure a lucky guy.