Sunday, October 30, 2005

Nice Quiet Weekend

The Oregon Ducks had a bye this weekend so no Duck football. Went to the South Medford/ Eagle Point high school football game Friday night and saw South win in double overtime. Everyone in our section became very animated and talkative and it was a good time. On Saturday my wife went shopping and I met her at Kaleidoscope Pizza for Lunch. I then made the mistake of going to Wal-Mart shopping for DVDs. The place was full of people with screaming kids. Came home and “winterized the outside of my house. Covered sprinkler faucets, put away outdoor furniture etc. and raked leaves. Saturday night I watch several movies in my movie room. Watched a WWII movie, Bataan and a western,The Plainsman with Gary Cooper. Sunday I bought the new 4 disk DVD set of Ben Hur and watched Hoosiers with my wife. Both of our kids called and we had nice conversations on the telephone. Oh, I forgot to mention , in college football the Washington Huskies and the Oregon State Beavers lost. On TV watched part of the Stanford/UCLA game Saturday night. A very good game, but a heart breaker for Stanford. I wonder whom Bush will nominate for the Supreme Court on Monday. The Ducks play Cal next weekend with our second string QB. More on that later.