Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer of 2013

 We are in the "dog days" of Summer.  All the stores have their summer merchandise on half price and "Back to School" merchandise is everywhere. With no Olympics or Political Conventions I have kept myself occupied with all of those household projects.  I always want to get them done before  the college football season starts.  So far this summer I put up the gazebo on the back deck,  spread over 250 wheelbarrow loads of pea gravel on the walkways around our home, spread bark, cleaned the garage, done paint touch up, washed our window blinds, wash windows on both floors inside and out, and steam cleaned the carpets on all three floors while keeping up with my weekly chores such as laundry, vacuuming, and yard work.

I try and schedule steam cleaning the carpets for August so I can open the doors and windows to get the carpets to dry faster.  However earlier in the week the smoke from the local forest fires made that impossible.  However we had a glorious weekend and I was able to open all the windows and the carpets were ready for me to put back the furniture in 24 hours.

Next weekend it is time to celebrate the important birthday of a family member and the following weekend our 38th Wedding Anniversary. Then Labor Day weekend the college football season begins.