Monday, February 14, 2011

Oregon Duck BCS Season Scrapbook


With Super Bowl Sunday, come and gone, how do you get a football "fix" without any games forthe next three month waiting for the Oregon Ducks Spring Game at the end of April ?

Well this last weekend I put together a two volume scrapbook set of the 2011 Oregon Duck season and the trip to the BCS. During the season I collect game programs, pocket schedules, newspaper and Internet articles, ticket stubs, pictures taken by myself and the kids,and other game memorabilia and organize it into a scrap book consisting of a three ring binder and plastic page protectors. I use backing sheets of green and yellow. One binder covered the regular 12 game schedule of the Ducks and the second covered the BCS trip and game. It took all day on Saturday to find everything I had been collecting since August and organize it into chronological order on TV trays and chairs in our dinning room. Then Saturday night I started to put it into the binders and worked till after midnight and finished Sunday morning and afternoon.

The best part is the pictures taken during the football season. Each game has it's own section starting off with the date, final score and location of the game. Volume one started out with a program of last year's spring game and I worked my way through the Oregon State "Civil War" game in December. I had pictures of my kids trip to Tennessee as well as my daughters trip to U$C in the L.A. Coliseum. I had my road trip material to Cal. On road trips I include maps.
The second binder includes our trip to the BCS game in Glendale, Arizona with pictures of the Oregon Pep Rally as well as the game itself. The best page includes the pictures I took when when our daughter was able to get a ticket to the game in Glendale. She was so happy. We were all happy.

The preparation for the scrapbook starts at the beginning of the season each year as I start saving memorabilia. As the season progresses I am always on the lookout for more items.I don't do a scrapbook every year. At the end of a season I make the decision as to whether the season deserves a scrape book. This season was a no brainier what with a trip to the BCS and the National Championship.

When all is said and done the best part of the football season is the family journey together . My adult kids are in the Eastern time, zone one in Washington DC and the other in Kentucky; but, even though we are apart we experience the season together. We all watch the games either in person, on TV or through the Internet. The kids try and get together and take road trip when Oregon plays in the Midwest or South. We communicate with each other by phone Internet and even this blog.

How long till the Spring Game............ April 30th.