Monday, May 08, 2006

Landmark Week in my life!

This is one of those landmark weeks in my life. Our youngest child will be graduating from college this Sunday and I will this week celebrate one of those mile post birthdays for baby boomers. Our son is graduating from Willamette University in Salem Oregon. Our other child will fly in from Washington DC, where she works, to help us celebrate the event and my sister will join us from Portland. In addition, we will be honoring my wife for Mother's Day on Sunday. After graduation, my son and I will be taking off on a "Road Trip" to check out several University's Graduate Schools in History. He wants to earn his doctorate in History so he can become a history professor. At least one school has offered him a job as a TA with pay and tuition waiver. I have always loved politics and history and one of my children works in government/politics and the other is into history. I am a lucky man! Now, if I had just one more child I am sure he would have played football for the University of Oregon Duck!