Thursday, August 24, 2006

Football Rivalries



Last night I "grossed out my wife." On September 16 the Oklahoma Sooners, one of college footballs powers, are coming to Eugene Oregon to play the University of Oregon Duck in football. Back to last night. We had gone to the Medford Olive Garden to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary. As we were leaving the restaurant a really big guy with tattoos came waking in wearing a brand new Oklahoma Sooners hat and I said to this perfect stranger as I held open the door "Well see you in Eugene in a few weeks" in what my wife said was an unfriendly voice. She said the guy looked at me in a quizzical way and said "ok". I thought it was funny but my wife acted like I had "called out the guy for a gun fight.... like in the old west. Go Ducks Beat Oklahoma!