Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"Civil War" Week..... Why the Ducks will Win!




The following is a post I sent to my Go Ducks email group:

Some may think I am a off my rocker but I think the Ducks will win on Friday! My reasons are as follows:

1. The Ducks have more talent.

2. The Ducks have hit bottom and will be motivated. Their fans are down on them and for good reason. They are getting bad press even from the Register Guard. Their season is going into the tank and they know it. The only way they can live with themselves till next season is to go out and beat the Beavers. They have backed themselves into a corner and the only way out is to beat the Beavers. Their fancy uniforms, locker room and billboards mean nothing to them now. They have psychologically been striped of the superficial trappings of Oregon Football that made them soft.. They have nothing to loose but their respect for themselves. The "Tough Love" they have gotten from the fans will do the trick. They are not playing for El Paso but for their own self respect!

3. The Beavers will be overconfident. They are favored by the odds makers, the press, their fans and even most Duck fans. They have been told all week how down the Duck are. The know the home team is supposed to win and has in the last few years.

4 The Beavers are not that good. U$C handed the game to them and they still almost lost it. They lost to a UCLA team two weeks ago the Ducks beat. We beat the Beavers 56 to 14 last year.

5. The Oregon coaches know the importance of this game and will give it the type of preparation they did for ASU.

6. We will not field punt receptions or kick off returns .( Joke)

7 Leaf will start ( I hope)

I know I am in the minority on this but it doesn't matter. If I am wrong I will feel just as bad as if I forecast a loss to begin with.They have broken my heart before. I agree with most of the criticism of the last few weeks. But, I stayed till the end of the Arizona game and will be in Corvallis on Friday sitting in a Beaver section with my green and yellow. Lets Go Ducks!

Happy Thanksgiving

GAME UPDATE: Close but no cigar!