Sunday, April 30, 2006

Last Weekend in April

On Saturday my wife and I drove the three hour trip up I-5 to Eugene for the Oregon Ducks Spring Football game. It started out as a nice day at Autzen but got cold and windy in the second half. I got to go to the Duck Shop and bought two Tee shirts at $2.00 each and a nice gray pull over that says "Oregon" on it in Green letters. Had hotdogs at the game. The Oregon running game looked good but the passing game was not very good. Dixon is the better QB. Lief had three interceptions.Nice crowd. It's good to see a gatering of Duck fans. After the game we drove to Salem and checked into the Shiloh Inn. It is very nice. We took our son, a senior at Willamette University, out to the Ram for dinner. My son and I dropped my wife off at the motel and the two of us went to see "United 93" at a movie theater. The movie started at 10:05 . It was very good and vary intense. I will post more on it later. Sunday we went by my Son's apartment and packed up some of his personal property to take back to Medford. He will be graduating in two weeks and we wanted to take a load of stuff back now because we will have limited room in the cars at graduation. We then had a nice drive home. We stopped in Springfield and spent about 45 minutes in Best Buy. We listened to my Zen mp3 player through our car stereo on the way up and back. Now I have to wait almost four months to the first Duck game in September.